Payment Request

2 months 2 weeks ago #5088 by Jonathan
Payment Request was created by Jonathan
Hi

I was having a look at your demo site and see under Vendors > Programs > Payments it comes up with Payment Requests. I have not been able to find out what this is for as there is no demo data to figure it out and I can t find reference to it in any documentation. I am presuming it shows payment due either to the store manager by the vendor for commission or to the vendor by the store manager as payments received depending on how the payments is set up and who receives the payments for sales.

Further to this,if the vendors receive the payment, is there any way that mails can be set to be sent to the vendors on a set date each month with the amount that they need to pay the store manage for the commission.

Thanks
Jonathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #5090 by Ruodrik König
Replied by Ruodrik König on topic Payment Request
Good question, it is indeed for payment due.  However this feature is not used much any since most people use payment gateway which include split payment ( like Stripe ).  So payment is made automatically at checkout to both Store manager and vendors.

2 months 2 weeks ago #5092 by Jonathan
Replied by Jonathan on topic Payment Request
Hi Ruodrik

Great, thank you. This is a crowd based in South Africa and not many SA payment gateways have split/adaptive payments so they. They are also concerned with how to handle returns if the payment is split. They want the vendors to receive the payment then once a month they will irequest payment from the vendors for the commission due but wanted it to be as automated as possible so the payment request should work fine for that then.

Thanks for the quick response.

Regards
Jonathan

2 months 2 weeks ago #5095 by Ruodrik König
jMarket will keep track of the commission due. There is not at this moment a monthly email reminder as you mentioned in original post but that is something the developer could do a customization if you want.

2 months 2 weeks ago #5096 by Jonathan
Thanks Ruodrik As this is a totally new store that we are still setting up and they are testing just using the paymennt requet manually would work fine for a couple of months. Once there start to get busier then we will certainly look at getting the automation done as custom work

2 months 2 weeks ago #5108 by Jonathan
Hi Ruodrik

I have been testing this and it doesnt seem to work as we were discussing when set to vendor receive payment.. If I go to the Vendor > Program > Payment Requests that we were discussing it only shows commission there if the Vendor selects to do a withdrawal. Setup with payment being received by the vendor there is not need and shouldnt be an option for the vendor to do a withdrawal as they have been paid and have nothing to pay. Thy need to pay the store manager so in the case of the vendor receiving payment there should be an option for the store manager to do this.

As the store managerthe only way I can see the commission due to me is to go into each order or if I go to Vendors > Prgrams then select partners then select commission and even inn there it only shows right down the bottom.

Is there a module or another way of this being setup so it is easier for the store manager to see or a report that can be used as I hve been checking for ages and cant find something but this certainly doesnt behave the way it should when there is an option for the vendor to receive payment.

Thanks
Jonathan

2 months 1 week ago #5110 by Ruodrik König
I verified this with developers and indeed you are correct.  This has not been developed because the majority of our customers use payment to the Store manager like Amazon does.

2 months 1 week ago #5111 by Jonathan
Thank you. You have dont the quote for me in the ticket so we will have to get the customer to go with that.

Thanks

Moderators: Cheryl SabaritaGrzegorz SvobodaVanessaJordanJomel